Mosquitoes are among one of the most irritating pests that we have to deal with during the summer. They can ruin any outdoor gathering in a hurry when they join the party. When it comes to mosquitoes, a little prevention goes a long way. A Five Star Termite & Pest Control is here to talk about when mosquito season starts in San Antonio and what you can do to decrease the mosquito population on your property this summer.
Mosquito Season is Different Throughout the Country
Depending on where you live, you may have to deal with mosquitoes at different times of the year. Places like Hawaii and Florida may find themselves battling this insect throughout the entire year because of the climate they have. Generally speaking, the earlier your mosquito season starts, the longer into the fall months it will last. In San Antonio, you need to worry about mosquitoes in early February which is early. Unfortunately, we don’t get much reprieve from this annoying insect. Mosquitoes are a problem for us almost all year long!
How to Prevent Mosquitoes from Infesting Your Yard
There are several preventative steps that you can take to greatly decrease the number of mosquitoes on your property this year.
• Keep Gutters Clean– The leaves and other debris that build up in your gutters allow water to pool and it creates the perfect environment for mosquitoes to lay their eggs there. Keep them clean and keep mosquitoes out.
• Clean Up Your Property– Removing anything on your property that could collect water in a rain storm is wise when wanting to get rid of mosquitoes. This would include buckets, wheelbarrows, old tires and other trash.
• Treat Pools & Birdbaths– If you have a pool or birdbath, make sure they are treated so mosquitoes don’t lay eggs in them this summer. It is wise to change the water in your birdbath frequently to avoid this problem as well.
• Repair Window & Door Screens– It doesn’t take a very big hole or tear in a window screen for mosquitoes to gain entry into your home. Make sure any repairs are made to damaged screens to keep mosquitoes out.
• Repair Leaking Pipes– If you notice any leaking pipes on your property, repair them to eliminate any chance of potential standing water.
What Keeps Mosquitoes From Biting You
To avoid irritating mosquito bites, follow these steps:
• Use mosquito repellent to protect yourself from irritating bites
• Wear long sleeved clothing to cover exposed skin
• Avoid time outside at dusk and sunrise
Mosquito Pest Inspections, Control & Removal in Removal in Cibolo, Universal City, New Braunfels & San Antonio Texas
If the mosquito population is out of control on your property this year, it may be time to call in the expert pest control technicians at A Five Star Termite & Pest Control for help. We have the experience and resources to eliminate the mosquito problem on your property this year. Don’t wait another day to get rid of this annoying pest. Call us today!