With temperatures soaring, nuisance pests, including mosquitoes, are literally out in droves. Dealing with mosquitoes outside is one thing; it’s another thing to deal with mosquitoes in your home. If you struggle with the constant hovering, buzzing, and biting at all hours of the day and night, the experts at A Five-Star Termite & Pest Control are ready and waiting to get you immediate relief. You can take back control of your home by combining your A Five Star Termite & Pest Control professional pest control services and implementing the following strategies to protect your home from nuisance pests like mosquitoes.
What Keeps Mosquitoes Off You & Away from Your Home?
1. Remove all sources of standing water: Mosquitoes need water to breed. Look around your property for standing water sources, including buckets, birdbaths, clogged gutters, flower pots, uncovered trashcans, and tubs. Empty and clean containers regularly to stop mosquitoes from laying eggs. Ensure you address any drainage issues, including leaks and plumbing problems, and remove unnecessary objects that can collect rainwater.
2. Install door and window frames: One of the most effective ways to keep mosquitoes out of your home is to install window and door screens. Window and door screens keep pests out and allow fresh air in, giving you the best of both worlds. Don’t forget to inspect screens regularly and repair damage as needed to maintain effectiveness. Check for cracks and gaps and install weatherstripping to create a tight seal.
3. Keep Your Home Clean: Keeping your home clean and clutter-free is essential to prevent mosquitoes from gaining access and taking up permanent residence. Mosquitoes are attached to dark, cluttered spaces where they can easily conceal themselves.
4. Vacuum and dust your house regularly: Regular dusting and vacuuming can help remove the places mosquitoes like to hide. Pay attention to the corners, behind curtains, and under furniture, and remove clutter in your living room, bedroom, and bathrooms.
5. Use personal mosquito repellent: To effectively repel mosquitoes and stop them from entering your home, apply insect repellent containing picaridin, DEET, or lemon eucalyptus to exposed skin and clothing when outdoors. Citronella candles and plants can also keep mosquitoes and flying insects away from outdoor gatherings, reducing the risk of them entering your house. Avoid the use of electronic mosquito devises that can kill insects that are beneficial to the ecosystem.
6. Yard maintenance: Mosquitoes don’t just feed on blood; they also feed on nectar and are attracted to all kinds of shrubs and bushes. Keep landscaping trimmed back to keep mosquitoes away from your property. Plant shrubs and herbs that act as natural mosquito repellants, such as catnip, peppermint, citronella, lavender, and basil. Leaves and ground debris should be removed immediately to prevent becoming a potential breeding ground.
Mosquito Pest Inspections, Exclusion, Control, Removal, Management & More in Canyon Lake, Spring Branch, Bulverde, Timberwood Park, Leon Valley, Alamo Heights, New Braunfels, Selma, Live Oak, Converse, Universal City, Cibolo, Seguin, New Berlin, St Hedwig, Adkins, La Vernia, Elmendorf, Losoya, Von Ormy, Macdona & San Antonio, Texas
Contact A Five Star Termite & Pest Control experts today to schedule an appointment for comprehensive mosquito prevention and control. Our experts will inspect your San Antonio, TX property, identify mosquito breeding sites, and provide a solution to get rid of mosquitos for good.