Is there anything quite as unnerving as flipping on the lights in the night to see a cockroach scurry across your floor? Most people that find cockroaches in their home want to do anything they can to get rid of them. This pest is one that can be difficult to kill if you don’t know how to best get rid of them. A Five Star Termite & Pest Control is here to share some tips to help you keep your home cockroach free.
Cockroach Prevention Remedies
You will find that it is much easier to keep your home free of cockroaches if you prevent an infestation before it even starts. Once they have infiltrated your home, it can be difficult to get rid of them. Following are some preventative measures that you can take to avoid the problem all together and cleaning tips that will help keep cockroaches away.
– Keep your kitchen clean. This includes the counters, stove tops, tables and other surfaces.
– Clean up food as soon as you are finished eating. Cockroaches are attracted to food that is left out overnight.
– Take the garbage out regularly. They are attracted to rotten food just as much as fresh food.
– Keep your pet’s food and water cleaned up and avoid leaving it out overnight.
While cleaning is important, it isn’t the only thing that should be done to help avoid cockroaches. Here are some other tips:
– Seal the entry points into your home. This means any small cracks around doors and windows or any vents that may lead into your home. You should also look at the pipes that lead into your home and seal around them as well.
– Eliminate any boxes and other clutter in places like crawl spaces and garages. These are the perfect places for cockroaches to hide during the day.
– Keep firewood piles at least 20 ft from your house as this is a place that they like to hang out and hide during daylight hours.
– Don’t allow heavy vegetation and plants to remain close to the exterior walls of your home.
How to Get Rid of Cockroaches in Your Home
The thing about cockroaches is, when you see one of them, there are many more hiding in places that you can’t see. These pests are excellent at hiding and reproduce at an alarmingly fast rate. When you start to see them hiding in the cracks and corners of your home, you know you need the help of the pest professionals at A Five Star Termite & Pest Control to assist you in getting rid of them. They can quickly take over your home and are a health risk.
Cockroach Inspections, Control, Removal & More in Canyon Lake, Spring Branch, Bulverde, Timberwood Park, Leon Valley, Alamo Heights, New Braunfels, Selma, Live Oak, Converse, Universal City, Cibolo, Seguin, New Berlin, St Hedwig, Adkins, La Vernia, Elmendorf, Losoya, Von Ormy, Macdona & San Antonio, Texas
We use the latest pest control technology when we work to get rid of your cockroaches which helps make our efforts successful. Call us today to eliminate any cockroach problem you may be having!