If you live in Texas, you know that cockroaches are a common enemy. They will take over your home in no time if you allow them to. Cockroaches are often associated with filth because they are usually found in the dirtiest of environments. If you think of places that usually collect the most dust in your home, that’s where cockroaches will likely choose to live. A Five Star Termite & Pest Control is here to share some tips to help you keep cockroaches out of your home.
Cockroach Infestation Identification
When you are dealing with a cockroach problem, the first thing that needs to be done as you work to get control of them, is to find out where they are infesting. Following are some of the first places you should look if you are noticing more cockroach activity than normal.
– One of the most common places that people find cockroaches is under their kitchen appliances. There is usually food that makes its way under there, and this space also offers a hiding place while it is light outside during the daylight hours.
– Look around your home for any signs of cockroach droppings. They can be as small as ground pepper, but if you’re dealing with larger roaches, their droppings could be the size of a grain of rice.
– Ask your neighbors if they have had any cockroach infestation in their home. If you live in close distance to each other, chances are, you will have cockroaches if they do.
– Another thing to look for are egg casings. They can often be found around water sources like leaking pipes or anywhere that there may be food. They are light brown and a good indication that you have a cockroach problem.
– If you have a large roach problem, you may be able to smell them. They emit a musty, dirty smell when you have a large population of cockroaches in your home.
Following are some helpful tips in keeping cockroaches away in the first place.
– Seal any cracks, holes or other entry points around the exterior of your home that may allow cockroaches to get inside.
– Any leaking pipes, broken gutters or other causes of excess water should be fixed as this attracts roaches.
– Keep food cleaned up and in sealed containers. This includes dog food. Don’t ever leave dirty dishes in your sink overnight.
– Clean any clutter in your home as this can give them places to hide out during the day.
Cockroach Control & More in Canyon Lake, Spring Branch, Bulverde, Timberwood Park, Leon Valley, Alamo Heights, New Braunfels, Selma, Live Oak, Converse, Universal City, Cibolo, Seguin, New Berlin, St Hedwig, Adkins, La Vernia, Elmendorf, Losoya, Von Ormy, Macdona & San Antonio, Texas
If you have noticed there is cockroach activity in your home, you need to call on the experts at A Five Star Termite & Pest Control right away as they multiply fast. A few cockroaches can become an infestation in no time, and we can completely wipe them out. Call us today!