Commercial businesses and residential homes of San Antonio, Texas and surrounding areas have a trust ally against pests with A Five Star Termite and Pest Control. We are currently licensed and insured to uphold a high moral standard, family-friendly customer services, and superior execution on all services rendered consistently. With the use of maximum quality products and equipment exclusively offered to trained and licensed professionals, A Five Star Termite and Pest Control technician’s skills and expertise are enhanced to ensure premium results.
Common Summer Pests
The locals of San Antonia, Texas know all too well how hot and dry the summers can get, especially when we are experiencing a drought. Insects, particularly; Ants, Bedbugs, Crickets, Earwigs, Fleas, Flies, Lice, Millipedes, Mosquitoes, Moths, Cockroaches, Silverfish, Spiders, Termites, and Ticks, among others, are often more active in the summer especially when it comes to their intrusions into our buildings. But WHY are they intruding in on your home or business during the hot and dry conditions?
Your Home Provides Easy Shelter, Food & Water Sources
Insects and other pests are searching for a convenient food and water source and favorable climates. Most insects are desperately in need of moisture for survival, and the dry heat is almost unbearable. With the dry heat comes fewer water sources and with less water which means less food. Desperate to escape the dryness and requiring food and water for survival, they will find the nooks and crannies to slip into your home or business that has a more preferable climate, especially close to leaky faucets or places where the humidity might be enhanced like the bathroom. Water and food sources are easy enough to find with crumbs left behind, or an assortment of options that appeal to their taste buds. Some insects like sweets and proteins where others flourish with book binding and paper products. In any case your home or business has what they need.
Preventing Summer Pest Invaders & Infestations
With the convenience humans provide these nasty critters; they will then start to reproduce and multiply, quickly populating your San Antonio, TX home or business and creating an outbreak in an infestation. What can you do to help prevent these summer insects from coming into your commercial building or residential home? A Five Star Termite and Pest Control has the answer. Below you will find some simple preventive measures you can take to minimize and even prevent the summer invaders.
– Exterior Pest Inspections & Prevention
– Inspect the building from roof to ground and all around for any fissures, cracks, gaps, holes or damaged service pipes or vents. If any are found, properly seal and guard the areas.
– Trim trees, bushes, and grass away from the building.
– Clean trash cans periodically, store them away from buildings and be sure to keep the lids tightly closed and secure.
– Clean, install, or if needed replace window and door screens.
– Avoid keeping standing water and pet food available 24/7.
– Interior Pest Inspections & Prevention
– Seal gaps, holes and cracks appropriately.
– Install weather stripping or replace if necessary, on the doors and windows.
– Keep crumbs and food clean and stored in air tight containers.
– Repair any water leaks.
– Avoid leaving pet food out 24/7.
– Invest in professional maintenance pest control with A Five Star Termite and Pest Control.