Flea Infestation in Your Hill Country Village, TX House; How to Get Rid of Dog & Cat Fleas in Your Home & Yard

While most of the time fleas are a problem that you deal with on pets, they still make their way into your home and can cause other problems too. A flea infestation can be frustrating to deal with as these insects are so small and agile. If they aren’t taken care of, they can really take over your house and turn into a full blown infestation. A Five Star Termite & Pest Control is here to share some tips to help you get rid of any flea infestation you may be dealing with as well as some tips to keep your animals safe from these pesky insects.

What to Do if You have Fleas in Your House

The lifespan of a flea varies depending on the environment. Fleas are only truly active in the most ideal environment. They prefer warm weather of a temperature between 80-90 degrees Fahrenheit and need around 70% humidity. The tricky thing about fleas is the fact that if these conditions don’t exist or there isn’t a host to feed on, the larvae can stay dormant for months while they wait. Only about 5 percent of a flea infestation includes the bugs that are actually on your animal. The other 95 percent of the problem lies in the larvae, eggs and cocoons that are found throughout your home or yard. It is important that you use more than one technique when you are trying to deal with an infestation.
– Vacuum: Using a powerful vacuum, you will need to tack the furniture, mattresses and the floors. It is best to use a powerful vacuum that has a bag which allows you to get rid of the contents without coming in contact with it all. Pay close attention to cracks as these are the problem spots.
– Steam Cleaner: Now you will want to touch these same areas with the heat and water combo in a steam cleaner. Pay close attention to the areas that you pet spends its time.
– Bedding: Wash all of your bedding, including your pet’s, in hot water and dry it on the hottest setting.
– Chemicals: Chemicals can be useful when treating your home. The important thing to remember is that you and your pet shouldn’t come in contact with the chemicals until they have completely dried.

Protect Your Dog & Cat Pets from Fleas

There are a few things that you can do to ensure you’re treating your pet for a flea problem.
– Bedding: You should be washing your pet’s bedding ever couple of days if you suspect a flea infestation.
– Wash: Wash your pet with a flea shampoo and use a flea comb to remove any insects from their body.
– Talk to Your Vet: Your vet can give you all the tools to help you avoid a flea problem in the future.

Flea Pest Inspection, Control & More in Canyon Lake, Spring Branch, Bulverde, Timberwood Park, Leon Valley, Alamo Heights, New Braunfels, Selma, Live Oak, Converse, Universal City, Cibolo, Seguin, New Berlin, St Hedwig, Adkins, La Vernia, Elmendorf, Losoya, Von Ormy, Macdona & San Antonio, Texas

If you are dealing with a flea infestation in your home and are unable to get rid of them on your own, you can count on the experts at A Five Star Termite & Pest Control to help you get rid of them for good. Call us today!

Call Now Button